My Reaction to the Response to My Latest Article

I just want to share my reaction to the immediate response to my latest article with you to show that I'm not a robot who writes and posts articles without any regard to what people think...


Earlier I posted an article about why it is important for people to critique religious/spiritual experiences. I spent several hours carefully writing that article trying to not say something I would regret or something that could be misinterpreted. I even attempted to defend my stance by citing Bible prophecy-related verses about why people should beware of the potential for Satan to use lying signs and wonders to deceive people.


When I posted the article I thought that people reading the article would be fine with what I wrote. Apparently, my expectations were too optimistic because it seems I somehow offended a few people to the point that they subsequently clicked the “Unlike” button on the Facebook Fan Page, which signals to me that they no longer want to read my work anymore.


  • If you haven’t already done so, if you like my work and/or want to receive notifications on Facebook as soon as a new article is posted please become a fan on Facebook. A notification will appear in your news feed within seconds after I post a new article.


This negative response saddens me because I did the best I could do when writing that article and other related articles. I take reader response to my articles personally because I put so much effort into the articles I write. Many articles take several hours to write because I attempt to provide evidence and support to defend what I write in my articles and limit the amount of opinion in them. I try very hard to make sure my thoughts are based on research-not opinion.


Today's events made me think of 2 Timothy 4:3-4, which warns that a time will come when many people will just want to hear about things that sound pleasant to them:


  • 2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
  • 2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.


To clarify, I'm not saying the people who seemed to be offended by my article today are the kind of people referenced in 2 Timothy 4:3-4. I didn't say that... Today's events just reminded me of the passage because the passage mentions how difficult it would be sometimes to find a receptive audience.


I'm not sure a 100% sure when I'll write next because I need to overcome the feeling I had when I saw this negative reaction. But I'll try my best to overcome it...


Thank you for your time and your readership