An Update on My Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 Study

I have not written anything about the topic of Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 since my article about the key issues to consider when analyzing Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 a few weeks ago. However, I have spent most of my time studying Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 these past few weeks. Today I want to provide an update on where this study stands.


These past few weeks I have compiled over 20 pages full of Bible prophecy verses that may relate to Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 or may help explain the timing of the events described in Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39. The Bible is full of details and clues to help increase our understanding of these two chapters, but the challenge is to locate these helpful verses and to figure out how to put these verses/puzzle pieces together. It’s not an easy task…


After studying Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 in-depth for the past few weeks I’ve concluded that these are the two most challenging chapters in the entire Bible to get a good grasp on.


  • I’ve come up with multiple scenarios that could potentially explain the events described in these chapters, but each time I have found Bible verses that undermine the scenarios I have devised.
  • I have also read numerous articles by different writers about what events these chapters describe. Like with my own scenarios, I’ve been able to find Bible verses that undermine these writers’ scenarios.


However, I’m currently considering a possible way to understand Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 that looks promising. I am currently considering a way to understand Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 that I have been unable to disprove yet after a couple of days of reviewing it and that is different than the main ways most people view these two chapters today. Unfortunately, I cannot say more than that at this moment because I am not 100% sure if it is the correct way to understand Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 yet…


After studying Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 for the past few weeks, I now believe one of the main keys to understanding the timing of many events described in Ezekiel 38 and understanding Ezekiel 38’s relationship with Ezekiel 39 is to understand the context that the main invasion described in Ezekiel 38 takes place. Ezekiel 38:8-12 describes the conditions that exist in Israel at a time when Gog invades (each important detail is highlighted).


  • Eze 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.
  • Eze 38:9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.
  • Eze 38:10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
  • Eze 38:11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
  • Eze 38:12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.


The key to understanding the context of the main invasion described in Ezekiel 38 is to come up with an understanding of when the conditions/details described in Ezekiel 38:8-12 will exist in Israel and an understanding of who will be responsible for creating the conditions that exists in Israel when Gog’s invasion transpires. Every explanation concerning the events described in Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 must be able to account for the details described in Ezekiel 38:8-12 in a manner that is biblically possible.


I plan to spend this weekend further studying this “promising” way to view Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 and seeing whether this new way to view these two chapters can help to bring new light to the prophecies concerning Egypt and Libya. If things work out, I could begin to publish in-depth articles about Ezekiel 38 and Ezekiel 39 as early as next week.