Last Week's Numerous Protests Summarized in A Map

I’m currently working on finishing my critique of the May 21, 2011 speculation on this President's Day in the U.S. In the meantime, I want to share this map I found that shows the locations that have seen protests in the past week (February 14 to February 18)


You can view the protests for week of 02/18/2011 in a larger map and for a list of locations that have seen protests by clicking this Link


Amazingly, people who've commented on the map noticed that there were some protest locations that are not marked on the map (like Panama). There are 88 protest locations marked on this map, so the number of protest locations last week was probably over 90.


Unfortunately, the map does not seem to differentiate between small protests and major uprisings like what is currently taking place in Libya and Bahrain or differentiate why people are protesting. Nevertheless, the map suggests there is currently some global discontent.


  • When I saw this map for the first time I was struck by how many protests we don't hear so much about.

...

My critique of the May 21, 2011 speculation is lengthy but I hope to have it completed within the next several hours, and when it's finally published I hope it will be worth the wait.