The Swine Flu and the Temple Mount Erupts

The big news on Saturday was that Barack Obama declared a national emergency due to the swine flu. The news media says that declaring a national emergency is a step taken to accelerate the swine flu vaccination and treatment process. Other people believe that there is a more sinister intention behind the national emergency declaration. I have heard people claim that Obama is using the swine flu as an excuse to declare martial law and/or to force people to take unproven vaccinations that they do not want. I am not sure what the real purpose behind the national emergency declaration is, but I wouldn't put past anything when it comes to Obama. Expect anything…


The really big news this weekend is that the Palestinians and the Israeli police are literally fighting on the Temple Mount, which is located on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem. The Temple Mount is currently a highly disputed place between Jews and Arabs because followers of both religions consider the place to be a very holy site (in fact, it is the holiest site in Judaism).


I’ve monitored developments at the Temple Mount for years, and over the years I’ve gotten the sense that whenever something big happens at the Temple Mount something big is probably going to happen afterwards in the Mideast. For instance, I remember that former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s visit to the Temple Mount was followed by the start of a mini-holy war called the 2nd Intifada. I think events tend to happen after a major event involving the Temple Mount because it is a site that is heavily contested in an ongoing spiritual warfare. I’ll go into this another time…


Let me make it clear that I am not predicting that a cataclysmic event is imminent or will even happen. However, don’t be surprised if something does happen somewhere in the Middle East.